We have waved goodbye to the last audience member, returned the technical equipment and raised a glass to the artists. Now it's time to doff our cap to our enthusiastic audience who turned out in pretty healthy numbers to see the dramatic, the operatic and everything in between! Thank you for your support.
So what did we learn this year? Here are our top five lessons for 2018:
1. There's an audience in Croydon for a really wide range of theatre, and we managed to find some of you! Still work to be done though.
2. A good image is essential , especially if you are a new kid on the block. Hand on heart, not a single show in the festival disappointed us, many exceeded expectation, but audiences are slow to appear when the image doesn't tell the full story. We kinda knew this already to be fair.
3. Sometimes camera shutters are really loud.
4. Always, always, always check every corner of the venue before you start the show. We learned this the hard way and are still apologising to some disappointed audiences members who missed the start of one show.
5. Croydon makes a fantastic backdrop for immersive theatre. It played a leading role in Land of Nod and nearly stole the show.
So that's it for another year, however, we'll be staying active all year round, posting information about up and coming performances in Croydon and reviewing work we've seen around London, so keep coming back!